This is the time of year when giving back to your communities and those around you is woven into the holiday spirit.
Footwear Cares is a wonderful way to gather your team and work together to make today a great day for more people in your community who may need a helping hand.
Here’s just a few examples of how Footwear Cares is making a difference this season:
- Shoes.com has two drives going this holiday season – collecting toys for Boston’s Toys for Tots and food for the Greater Boston Food Bank.
- Livie & Luca dedicated all profits from Giving Tuesday to California Fire Disaster Relief.
- DSW put up their annual Giving Tree, so Associates can buy gifts for clients of area non-profits.
- adidas employees are donating sporting goods to the non-profit Good Sports, which helps underserved communites across the country.
- ASICS is collecting donations for pets through their “Drive for Santa Paws.”
- Vans employees are collecting gifts for a local charity, Giving Children Hope.
- Under Armour is partnering with the Salvation Army in December to adopt angels to provide holiday gifts of clothing and shoes to young people in need.
- Converse is taking part in the Salvation Army’s Christmas Castle event in Boston, which provides over 5,000 households with toys and warm coats.
- KEEN is donating 15,000 pairs of socks for displaced people in communities across the U.S. and Canada
These events are SO worth celebrating! If your company is giving back to your community this holiday season, please let us know! Share your good deeds with us, and help add to our ever-expanding Footwear Cares story.
If you or your company need ideas, we hope the above examples are inspiring, or check out the list of non-profit organizations that we currently work with – we’re always expanding our partnerships, so please let us know if you have an organzation to suggest.