Footwear Cares, the countrys first-ever industry-wide, month-long community service campaign, finished the way it began on April 1 with a flourish. Through Footwear Cares, with support from title sponsor Amazon Fashion, Two Ten proudly partnered with 75 local, regional and national charitable nonprofits to provide volunteer opportunities to the footwear industry with one single objective: getting people back on their feet.
Just under 7,000 volunteers from 110 companies took part in 100 Footwear Cares events across 23 states. No small deed went unnoticed. Together volunteers from the footwear community helped to:
- pack or prepare 540,000 meals to feed children, families, seniors, and the disabled.
- donate or distribute 12,570 pairs of new shoes to children.
- participate in 25 environmental projects to enhance our coastlines, nature trails, community parks, and recreation facilities.
- provide 3,256 low-income children with clothing.
- dedicate 1,303 volunteer hours to conservation projects including Habitat for Humanity builds, painting projects, and restoration works.
Each volunteer served to contribute to these outstanding accomplishments. Its a tribute to the people who work in our industry that Footwear Cares has achieved such amazing success says Neal Newman, President Two Ten Footwear Foundation. Footwear Cares gives all of us the chance to say thank you to our local communities; our industry [is able to] come together in a way that will forever change lives our own and the lives of those people we touch.
Thank you to Amazon Fashion, returning title sponsor of Footwear Cares, and to the thousands of volunteers who made Footwear Cares 2015 such a success!
To learn more about Footwear Cares, or to express interest in participating in 2016, please contact Maureen Rubino at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To view #FootwearCares social images of this years Footwear Cares events visit our Footwear Cares Tagboard.