Two Ten Day
Celebrate Two Ten’s Birthday on February 10th!
Join us for a day of giving on February 10! We’re celebrating 81 years of providing financial support and professional programs to the footwear industry, thanks to our generous donors and partners.
What Is Two Ten Day?
It’s an annual birthday celebration to support the mission of the Two Ten Footwear Foundation.
Who can get involved?
Anyone and everyone! This is an opportunity for individuals and companies in the footwear industry to rally with their teams and host a Two Ten celebration. Use your celebration as a way to raise awareness of and support for Two Ten’s mission.
Companies across the country participate by hosting fun and engaging games, activities and contests, such as: game day pay-to-play competitions at Deer Stags, a sample sale at Birkenstock, a Chili Cook-off at RG Barry and many company-wide awareness campaigns.
When is it?
The “official” Two Ten Day is February 10th, but many companies celebrate throughout the week.
Why is it important?
Two Ten is the nation’s ONLY industry-centric organization committed to improving quality of life for industry employees. From disaster relief to financial emergencies to scholarships and more, Two Ten has been supporting the footwear industry for over 80 years.
Don’t forget to tag Two Ten in your posts about #TwoTenDay!
To learn more about Two Ten Day and how your team can get involved, contact Jenny LaMott at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view past Two Ten Day celebrations, please visit our slideshow available on Flickr.
Create your own Two Ten Day
Anyone and everyone can host a Two Ten Day! This is an opportunity for individuals and companies in the footwear industry to rally with their teams and host a Two Ten celebration. Use your event as a way to raise awareness of the programs and services Two Ten offers and most importantly, have fun!
Create a committee and review these ideas from other company celebrations to get your creative juices flowing and figure out what will work best with your company’s culture.
- Schedule a Two Ten representative to join your celebration to talk about our services and professional programs
- Host a sample sale or bake sale in support of Two Ten
- Host a Footwear Cares volunteer event
- Pay $5 or $10 to wear jeans, slippers or your city’s sporting apparel to work for the day
- Hold a raffle or silent auction – with items like a day off, prime parking spot, breakfast with a senior executive, gift cards, etc.
- Create and sell candygrams or roses your coworkers can send to express their appreciation
- Encourage your team to give a token donation amount in honor of Two Ten: $2.10, $19.39, $80, $210, etc.
- Ask if your company will consider donating a portion of the days proceeds or matching employee donations
- Put the boss in “jail” for the day and set a fundraising goal to bail them out
- Host a company “happy hour” and charge $5 a cup
- Hold a company FitBit challenge!
Whatever you choose to do, please share it with the hashtag #TwoTenDay so we can thank you!
Email Jenny LaMott at email@example.com for more information.