As it stands today, 48 of the 50 states in our country authorize either the personal and/or medical use of marijuana or cannabidiol (CBD). One in four Americans now lives in a state where cannabis use is fully legal for all adults. CBD products are all the rage right now, is it legal? Will CBD use cause a positive drug test result? It may or may not. Confused?
This is all certain to impact today’s workplace environment. Employers need to be aware of the rules that affect their worksites. With new laws come new rules and court decisions for employers to navigate. We will review where things stand today and address the top concerns for the workplace along with tools for employers to stay ahead of these fast-changing rules.
Join Two Ten’s Human Resources Leadership group and William J. Judge from the Drug Screening Compliance Institute, as he walks you through everything you need to know about how marijuana legalization impacts your screening process and action steps every employe should be taking in response to this growing issue.
- Marijuana & CBD Laws – Where we stand today
- State Marijuana Laws – What employers can and cannot do
- State Disability Discrimination Laws – The next big issue for employers
- CBD & Opiates
- Mandatory State Laws – The web of compliance for employers grows
- Action Steps for Employers – Policies, procedures, job descriptions & training
- Q&A Session
Did You Know…?
- Idaho & Nebraska are now the only states left with no medical or legal marijuana or CBD use laws.
- Employees are finding out the hard way – That CBD you bought at the gas station or over the internet could jeopardize your employment – buyer beware!
- In some states, employers are prohibited from discriminating against a medical marijuana user.
- Recent court rulings have been in favor of the employee – We will cover what employers need to know to avoid the same mistakes
- Employer drug testing policies, procedures, supervisor training, and employee job descriptions are going to play a more important role than ever before.
Date: Thursday, July 11th
Time: 12:00 pm | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00) | 1 hr
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Drug Screening Compliance Institute (DSCI) is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1 PDC. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
This event is proudly presented by Two Ten’s Human Resources Leadership group. For more information or to join this community of HR professionals in the footwear industry, click here.