There are jobs — and then there are careers. The chance to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. The opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new skills. That’s the kind of work you can expect to do at Two Ten. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard to provide emergency financial support, special services, and educational resources to footwear families in need. Sound interesting? Come join us.
Current Career Opportunities at Two Ten
Two Ten Footwear Foundation is the footwear industry’s charitable foundation. As an operating foundation, Two Ten provides $2,400,000 in emergency financial assistance alongside telephonic social services, information and referrals, access to confidential counseling and other resources for thousands of footwear employees who contact Two Ten for assistance each year.
Two Ten also provides $1,250,000 in college scholarships to footwear employees and their children.
In addition, Two Ten organizes a number community-building initiatives including Women in the Footwear Industry (WIFI) and Footwear Cares (a national volunteer campaign involving 125 footwear companies and 10,000 volunteers) plus 50-75 outreach events during the year in nine major markets across the US.
Our 45 Board members are among the industry’s leading executives, including executives from: Caleres, New Balance, HH Brown, Steve Madden Inc., Wolverine World Wide, Nordstrom, RG Barry, VF Corporation, Hudson Bay Company, Zappos and Foot Locker.
What Makes Us Special
This is your chance to immerse yourself in the exciting world of fashion and footwear, and make a difference in the world. We are the only industry-wide charitable foundation in the USA serving our own 330,000-strong workforce.
ln the 1930’s Boston was the center of America’s shoe manufacturing industry. With the Great Depression, the industry and its people experienced severe job loss. At that time, 210 Lincoln Street was the home for 300 shoe companies. Every Wednesday afternoon the local footwear community would gather for “Leather Days” when samples were inspected.
One shoe person shared his personal trauma and his friends rallied by passing a hat around the room to take a collection. From this spontaneous expression of caring, a gift of $500 was provided by Abe Shapiro to create Two Ten Associates, the precursor to Two Ten Footwear Foundation.
Two Ten is the only industry-wide charitable foundation in the US, serving its own workforce – raising funds from footwear companies and industry leaders to assist shoe people and their families at times of crisis.
The Chief Financial and Operations Officer is a senior member of the Foundation’s Management Team who will develop, drive, and control financial management systems, strategy and planning, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, accounting, general ledger, administration, cash management, annual audit, endowment management, CRM management, property issues, contracts and lead a small team.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Serving as a key member of the Two Ten Management Team; participate in decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operational execution; assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy.
- Overseeing financial and accounting operations of Two Ten including general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, deposits, bank reconciliations, gift recording, grant management, accounting systems and databases.
- Prepare and present financial analysis and reports to senior management and the Board.
- Assist independent auditor in performing the annual audit and ensure compliance to key regulatory and government
- Oversee investments and asset management; Prepare and provide regular updates and reports to the Board.
- Act as liaison to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors and the Treasurer and provide support, reports and guidance on financial and governance issues.
- Act as liaison to the Investment Committee of the Board of Directors and the Chair to provide support, reports and organize quarter meetings with fund managers and committee member.
- Serve as financial resource for strategy development and counsel on short and long term strategic financial decisions.
- Oversee cash management (forecasting and managing cash flow requirements) and debt management.
- Oversee budgeting, including preparing the annual budget for the entire organization for approval by the Finance Committee and Board of Directors, analyzing the financial feasibility of current and new programs, and preparing analyses of budget variances for President and board review.
- Establish internal control procedures, monitor compliance, and devise policies, procedures and documentation to provide guidelines for accounting/ finance/administrative staff.
- Manage the organization’s IT strategy and ensure all IT functions are operating efficiently and effectively (including hardware, software, telephone systems, backup and emergency plans) with the assistance of an IT consultant.
- Work with HR Consultant to evaluate employee benefits program.
- Take lead responsibility for the Two Ten headquarters at 1466 Main Street including all asset management and tenancy issues.
This job might be for you if:
- You are a leader, builder, and motivator. Two Ten requires an agile, people-oriented CFO/COO who can juggle 15 balls in the air and show poise and focus while doing so. We want our next CFO to add a new fresh motivating dynamic to the office culture we are building.
- You easily and naturally care about and engage with people. You love interacting and collaborating with people, and have loads of innate savvy about getting business done in a way that deepens relationships.
- You love getting the job done. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions, you like managing multiple projects at once – you are patient, levelheaded and cool under pressure.
- You are innately a “relationship professional.” You are always focused on strengthening the organization’s financial position and organizational profile externally by developing strong and meaningful relationships with other CFO’s and C-suite business leaders.
- You pay attention to details but have a clear ‘big picture’ perspective. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing excellent.
- You communicate clearly. Your written work is exceptional, compelling and smart. You speak eloquently. You can speak to 150 people and nail it. You can explain just about anything numbers-oriented to anybody. You’re very comfortable on the phone, working with your peers and team members, and communicating with Two Ten board members, industry supporters and executives at every level.
- You are driven. You like a fast-paced environment. You like being challenged and work through problems to get the job done. You enjoy a diversity of job requirements. You want to make a meaningful difference in the world and it doesn’t bother you that sometimes it requires your involvement before 9am and after 5pm.
- You strive for excellence. You work hard and take ownership of what you do. You like independence and also thrive in a team-oriented environment. You ask for help when you need it. You are reliable and resilient. You have superior organizational skills. You want to achieve goals and work hard to be sure you do.
- You juggle. Some days you’re working with the Investment Committee to determine changes in our endowment management policy. Other days you’re addressing building and maintenance issues with a contractor. Most days you’ll be interacting with staff members and building revenue strategies, CRM-related and engagement opportunities that grows the impact of Two Ten across the industry.
- You laugh. We laugh a lot at Two Ten and we’re looking for a leader who can immediately bring a sense positive energy and professionalism to our team. We celebrate birthdays. We eat birthday cake. We work hard and want to enjoy our workday and the strong culture we have at Two Ten.
- You travel well. The position requires regular travel to NYC and Las Vegas. We expect up to a 10-15% travel commitment over the year.
This is what we require:
- Minimum 15 years of direct experience in a high-impact accounting or finance leadership role.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, as well as the ability to forge strong interpersonal relationships with industry leaders.
- Extraordinary high-level committee-building skills to facilitate and lead group discussions with Board members and key leaders.
- Commitment to and passion for Two Ten’s mission and ability to translate programs into compelling fundraising initiatives and appeals.
- Excellent team building skills to lead and mentor staff; active and motivational team-oriented support of junior staff.
- Demonstrated success in nonprofit sector, or in a commercial environment in which relationships with nonprofit partners featured.
- Oversee the new CRM system with CRM/IT Manager.
- Exceptional oral, written and formal presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Minimum BA in Accounting or Finance; MA preferred.
Neal Newman, email@example.com
Mary Hehir, 781.736.1523, firstname.lastname@example.org