There are jobs — and then there are careers. The chance to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. The opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new skills. That’s the kind of work you can expect to do at Two Ten. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard to provide emergency financial support, special services, and educational resources to footwear families in need. Sound interesting? Come join us.
Current Career Opportunities at Two Ten
Two Ten Footwear Foundation is the footwear industry’s charitable foundation. As an operating foundation, Two Ten provides $2,200,000 in emergency financial assistance alongside telephonic social services, information and referrals, access to confidential counseling and other resources for thousands of footwear employees who contact Two Ten for help each year.
Two Ten also provides $1,000,000 in college scholarships to footwear employees and their children. In addition, Two Ten organizes a number of community-building initiatives including Women in the Footwear Industry (WIFI) and Footwear Cares (a national volunteer campaign involving 125 footwear companies and 10,000 volunteers) plus 50-75 outreach events during the year in ten major markets across the US.
Our 45 Board members are among the industry’s leading executives, including executives from: Caleres, New Balance, HH Brown, Steve Madden Inc., Wolverine World Wide, Nordstrom, VF Corporation, Lord & Taylor, Zappos and Foot Locker.
ln the 1930’s Boston was the center of America’s shoe manufacturing industry. With the Great Depression, the industry and its people experienced severe job loss. At that time, 210 Lincoln Street was the home for 300 shoe companies. Every Wednesday afternoon the local footwear community would gather for “Leather Days” when samples were inspected.
One shoe person shared his personal trauma and his friends rallied by passing a hat around the room to take a collection. From this spontaneous expression of caring, a gift of $500 was provided by Abe Shapiro to create Two Ten Associates, the precursor to Two Ten Footwear Foundation.
Two Ten is the only industry-wide charitable foundation in the US, serving its own workforce – raising funds from footwear companies and industry leaders to assist shoe people and their families at times of crisis.
The Development Coordinator is an important member of the recently amalgamated Development and Marketing teams, who is responsible for donor communications, prospect research, performance tracking, donor recognition and provides support to the Director of Development and the Chief Marketing and Development Officer.
The Coordinator is based in Waltham and reports to the Director of Development.
Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Oversees all donor communications including gift acknowledgments, pledge reminders, donor impact reports, phone and email queries; prepares materials for prospect and donor visits, including directions, collateral and gift/program data.
- Manages the prospect research function including donor profiles, corporate performance and all intelligence-gathering.
- Responsible for donor records, donation tracking, gift processing, donor rolls, prospect lists, performance tracking and continually updates database records.
- Coordinates all data entry for the department utilizing RE.NXT
- Primary liaison with Digital Communications Manager to produce development content for the website, social media, e-mail, e-newsletters and e-appeals and fundraising events.
- Supports and helps execute all annual appeals including direct mail and digital campaigns and donor stewardship functions; assists with general clerical support for the department and agency as assigned by immediate supervisor and the President.
- Provides support for special events (e.g. Golf Outings, Two Ten Day) as needed to include assisting with mailings, phone inquiries, in‐kind gift tracking, event coordination and other clerical duties as designated by project managers.
- Stays current with trends in philanthropy and with technical developments that apply to Two Ten’s mission; reviews industry publications and daily web announcements (executive hires, lay‐offs, company changes, buy‐outs, etc.) track/make updates within Raiser’s Edge and update team.
This job might be for you if:
- You love getting the job done. You love taking on difficult challenges independently and finding creative solutions, you like managing multiple projects at once, and in the process, you are patient, levelheaded and cool under pressure like a Saint.
- You easily and naturally care about and engage with people. You love interacting and collaborating with people and have loads of innate savvy about getting business done in a way that deepens relationships.
- You pay attention to details but have a clear ‘big picture’ perspective. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing excellent – every single time.
- You communicate clearly. Your written work is exceptional, compelling and smart. You can explain just about anything to anybody and you’re very comfortable on the phone, working with your peers and team members, and communicating with Two Ten board members, industry supporters and executives at every level
- You are driven. You like a fast-paced environment. You like being challenged and work through problems to get the job done. You enjoy a diversity of job requirements. You want to make a meaningful difference in the world and it doesn’t bother you that sometimes it requires your involvement before 9am and after 5pm.
- You strive for excellence. You work hard and take ownership of what you do. You like independence and also thrive in a team-oriented environment. You ask for help when you need it. You are reliable and resilient. You have superior organizational skills. You want to achieve goals and work hard to be sure you do.
- You juggle. Some days you’ll be producing a handful of donor reports. Other days you’ll be on the road supporting a Two Ten event. And on other days you’ll be working with other team members to ensure our d-base, RE.NXT is updated.
- You laugh. We laugh a lot at Two Ten and we’re looking for a leader who can immediately bring a sense of humor, positive energy and dynamism to our team. We celebrate birthdays. We eat birthday cake. We love bagels. We work hard and want to enjoy our workday and the strong culture we have at Two Ten.
This is what we require:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years prior administrative experience, preferably in a fundraising function.
- Excellent skills in relational databases, Raiser’s Edge (RE.NXT) and Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint)
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-moving team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and oral communication skills, including phone presence).
- Demonstrated successful fundraising and event planning management experience.
- Entrepreneurial and energetic spirit.
- A person who works hard, speaks his/her mind, who thrives in a high-support, high-performance environment and loves fundraising.
Two Ten Culture: We are strongly committed to a diverse, highly-supportive, family-friendly and team-oriented workplace.
An excellent and competitive benefits package is on offer.
Two Ten Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.