There are jobs — and then there are careers. The chance to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. The opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new skills. That’s the kind of work you can expect to do at Two Ten. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard to provide emergency financial support, special services, and educational resources to footwear families in need. Sound interesting? Come join us.
Current Career Opportunities at Two Ten
The U.S. footwear industry is the ONLY industry to have its own foundation, providing emergency financial assistance and scholarships to footwear employees and their families across the country. Two Ten Footwear Foundation was founded 80 years ago at 210 Lincoln Street in Boston, and since then has provided millions of dollars in grants to the footwear industry’s 330,000 employees and their families who are in crisis.
Additionally, Two Ten offers professional programs, such as Women in the Footwear Industry (WIFI), a national forum for connecting and empowering the industry’s women through mentoring, education, networking and events; and community initiatives like Footwear Cares, a national volunteer campaign that rallies thousands of footwear employees every year to volunteer in their communities. Please visit www.twoten.org to learn more about Two Ten and the amazing work we do.
The Development Associate serves as a critically important member of Two Ten’s development team, supporting development operations and responsible for national donor stewardship, year-round appeals, event support, and data procurement and tracking. Valuable support provided to the department’s leadership includes donor communications and recognition, prospect research, and more.
The Development Associate is based in our headquarters in convenient, easy-to-get-to Waltham and reports to the Director of Development. This a is fantastic position with enormous opportunity for growth, amongst an energetic, supportive and fun team, serving an exciting segment of the fashion industry.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serves as a lead staff member in ensuring donors are stewarded appropriately by overseeing the department’s relationship management system, working closely with all department members to ensure accurate tracking and critical support to help advance donors’ relationship with Two Ten Footwear Foundation. This includes all donor communications such as donor impact reports, gift acknowledgments, pledge reminders, phone and email queries; and preparing materials for prospect and donor visits, including collateral and gift/program data.
- Provides support for special events as needed, including assisting with mailings, phone inquiries, in‐kind gift tracking, event coordination and other clerical duties as designated by project managers. Ensures an outstanding experience for all event attendees that maximizes giving through financial support and identification of future supporters.
- Researches donors and prospects to provide donor profiles, corporate performance reports and other intelligence-gathering information.
- Responsible for donor records, donation tracking, gift processing, donor rolls, prospect lists, performance tracking and continually updates database records. Coordinates all data entry for the department utilizing RE.NXT
- Serves as primary liaison with Digital Communications Manager to produce development content for the website, social media, e-mail, e-newsletters and e-appeals and fundraising events.
- Supports and helps execute all annual appeals including direct mail and digital campaigns and donor stewardship functions; drafts proposals and grant reports.
- Provides additional administrative support for the Director of Development and President as necessary
- Stays current with trends in philanthropy and with technical developments that apply to Two Ten’s mission; reviews industry publications and daily web announcements (executive hires, lay‐offs, company changes, buy‐outs, etc.) track/make updates within Raiser’s Edge and update team.
- Work with IT Manager and Director of Development to ensure that records regarding gifts are accurate and maintained in the Raiser’s Edge database
This is what we require:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ prior administrative or coordinator experience, preferably in a fundraising function.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office 365 (Word; Excel; PowerPoint); experience with relational databases (CRM), especially Raiser’s Edge (Re.NXT) highly desirable.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-moving team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and oral communication skills, including phone presence).
- An interest in or passion for building a career in development, or in the non-profit sector
- Entrepreneurial and energetic spirit.
- A person who works hard, speaks his/her mind, who thrives in a high-support, high-performance environment and loves fundraising.
This job might be for you if:
- You love getting the job done. You love taking on difficult challenges independently and finding creative solutions, you like managing multiple projects at once, and in the process, you are patient, levelheaded and cool under pressure like a Saint.
- You easily and naturally care about and engage with people. You love interacting and collaborating with people and have loads of innate savvy about getting business done in a way that deepens relationships.
- You pay attention to details but have a clear ‘big picture’ perspective. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing excellent – every single time.
- You communicate clearly. Your written work is exceptional, compelling and smart. You can explain just about anything to anybody and you’re very comfortable on the phone, working with your peers and team members, and communicating with Two Ten board members, industry supporters and executives at every level
- You are driven. You like a fast-paced environment. You like being challenged and work through problems to get the job done. You enjoy a diversity of job requirements. You want to make a meaningful difference in the world and it doesn’t bother you that sometimes it requires your involvement before 9am and after 5pm.
- You strive for excellence. You work hard and take ownership of what you do. You like independence and also thrive in a team-oriented environment. You ask for help when you need it. You are reliable and resilient. You have superior organizational skills. You want to achieve goals and work hard to be sure you do.
- You juggle. Some days you’ll be producing a handful of donor reports. Other days you’ll be on the road supporting a Two Ten event. And on other days you’ll be working with other team members to ensure our d-base, RE.NXT is updated.
- You laugh. We laugh a lot at Two Ten and we’re looking for a team member who can immediately bring a sense of humor, positive energy and dynamism to our team. We celebrate birthdays. We eat birthday cake. We love bagels. We work hard and want to enjoy our workday and the strong culture we have at Two Ten
We are strongly committed to a diverse, highly-supportive, family-friendly and team-oriented workplace!
An excellent and competitive benefits package is on offer.
Two Ten Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.